April 5, 2010

the return of p90x

You can always tell when someone is in the first month of doing p90x. Just sit outside the room where they're working out and you'll hear a small bit of music and a whole lot of groaning and grunting. For the first time in nearly a year, I'm back into p90x. I finished it last May and figured I didn't really need to do it again, since I'm in pretty good shape.

However, I've been looking for a good strength training workout and remembered back to my days of grunting. After hesitating for a couple weeks, I finally did the first workout today. It was about as bad as I remembered and my friend Adam and I spent more time on the ground than actually working out.

The good thing is I know I will be in much better shape because of it. I will strengthen my muscles, while increasing flexibility. I will have no problem with the workouts in about three weeks. And I'll look freaking amazing.

It also seems to motivate me to do other workouts. I did p90x for an hour at lunch. I then swam for 45 minutes after work. I followed that up with a run at Trinity. I ran into some IT band issues after a mile and a half. I stretched, but that didn't fix anything, so I just called it a day. I'm looking forward to more exercising tomorrow, including another p90x session and some time on the trainer.

No comments:

Post a Comment