So after an extremely unathletic trip to Vegas, it feels great to be back in Colorado. The extent of my exercies in Vegas consisted of walking up and down stairs instead of using the escalator.
Once I returned home, I knew it was time to get back in the pool and on the road. Despite all of my training to this point, I still don't feel like I'm in race shape. Sure, I can do a sprint triathlon right now with no problems, but that's not my goal. I could probably pull out a half-ironman, but it wouldn't be a very good time. I've got a month and a half to change that.
I can already tell I'm more motivated to train than I was before the trip. I did a short 800 yard swim yesterday and immediately followed it up with a 5k run. It's not a very long distance, but it's the first time in a couple weeks that I've been able to run more than a mile without any pain. It felt great and I'm preparing to expand on it today.
I'm going for a 30 mile ride today. I'm debating if I want to extend it and ride upwards of 40+ miles, just so my legs are getting used to riding for several hours at a time. I'll go for a short run after that, probably just 3-4 miles. Hopefully, I'll still be pain free.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment