Hey, it's my weekly chance to tell you why training for a triathlon is difficult. Actually, this time, it's about why not training for a triathlon makes training for a triathlon difficult. I've missed about two weeks of training during the past month because I was sick. Even though it was only 4-5 days each time, as soon as I started to swim/bike/run again, it felt like I hadn't trained in more than a year. I feel out of shape and un-athletic after just a day off. That's why I'm hoping to keep up with my training despite my upcoming trip.
I leave on a five day work trip to Vegas tomorrow. Yes, I will be spending a decent amount of the day doing work things. Actually, I'll be spending 6 hours a day walking around looking at cool video equipment. I definitely am planning on taking advantage of the low altitude and nice weather. The nearest 24 hour fitness to our hotel is only two miles away, so I'm planning on running there to get in a good swim workout and then run back to the hotel. I'm hoping to get up early on Monday and take care of that.
My friend/co-worker Adam is going with me. Fortunately, he enjoys a good run too, so we're going to try and get in some casual runs during the week. I was there last year for the same convention and I managed to run everyday, whether it was outside or on the treadmill in the hotel. No updates til I'm back on Thursday... which also happens to be the day I plan to join the Pikes Peak Triathlon Club.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment