February 18, 2010

olympic fever

It's amazing how the Olympics has turned my routine into nothing but work, training, watching tv, and sleeping. I honestly don't really do anything else. I have managed to continue to train and have seen some pretty big gains over the past two weeks.

I took a couple days off because of skiing and having to work long hours, but I was able to get right back into the routine fairly easily. I even managed to get in a mock triathlon at the gym, followed by a 2,000 meter swim the next day. Both of them were a lot easier than I was expecting and a lot easier than when I would do the same thing last summer.

In September, I wouldn't swim more than 1,000 meters in a workout... now I consider 1,500 meters a short swim. I also can easily go run for an hour without getting out of breath or having sore legs. My biking still needs the most work, but I'm managing to ride more and without any pain in my left knee. I'm hopeful I can continue this trend for the next week and a half before training takes an even bigger step up in difficulty.

No comments:

Post a Comment