That's the distance I need to swim in open water without a break. I could probably pull it off now, but it would not be pretty and it would not be fun. Fortunately, I've been able to dominate my swimming training for the past month. After taking a couple months off after my last tri, I knew I would be rusty getting back into the water.
A month ago, I struggled to just swim 800 meters (half-mile) for an entire workout on a consistent basis. Today's swim was 2050 meters (1.27 miles). It's only 100 meters or so further than I'll swim during the race, but it felt really good. Of course, I did get breaks in between sessions, so that helped. And it never hurts knowing all I have to do is stand up if I get ridiculously tired.
Quick summary of today's swim:
Warmup (WU) - 250 meters
Main - 400 meters, 4X100 Meters (Swim 100 Meters 4 times), 300 meters, 3x100, 200 meters, 2x100.
Cool Down - 3x75
I was able to keep a 1:40 per 100 average, which isn't too bad. That would put me at 32.5 minutes to swim the race. My goal is 30-35 minutes, so I'm right on schedule. I swam the 400 in 6:31, which would have put me at 13 1/2 minutes for a half-mile, a personal best. I'm definitely seeing the results of my swim training and it's nice to know I'll be able to reach my goals if I just keep it up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment